Webtext is a popular marketing technique where businesses use an online service to send text messages to their customers. Combining WebText and permission based marketing gives some of the higher ROIs in marketing.
Businesses love the simplicity of webtext. It is as simple as login, type your offer and click send to your customers. The offer will be delivered in seconds and 98% of them will be read.
Choosing a Webtext suppliers
There are literally hundreds of companies offering webtext, sms marketing and bulk sms marketing solutions on the internet. Here are a couple of things to consider before choosing.
Make sure you choose a company that has been around for 10+ years. These companies will have the best service and experience to help you with your campaigns.
There are many very low cost operators who use super cheap SMS routes. Generally you pay for what you get and if you choose super cheap operators then you run the risk of your messages not being delivered. Most reputable operators will have similar prices. Choose the lowest cost … but not the lowest by a mile.
Data Protection Knowledge
Data protection legislation is very important in your country. There are severe penalties for any company who ignores this legislation. Make sure the company you choose has in-depth knowledge of your data protection responsibilities. Especially in Europe with the introduction of GDPR in 2018.
Advantages of Webtext
- High Read Rates. 98% of text messages are read.
- High Response Rates. From 10%-50% rates across all industries.
- Time Savings. Design and deliver your promotions in minutes. No need to wait for expensive marketing consultants or graphic designers.
Disadvantages of Webtext
- You will need an unobtrusive strategy to collect your customers mobile numbers. For Example; if you are a fashion outlet, why not give a free 1 hour talk on fashion and collect emails, and mobile phone numbers from participants?
- Because of the success of your first promotions, you may be tempted to overuse SMS. Resist this temptation or people will start to opt-out of your communications. Once a month is fine.
Thanks for taking the time to read this post and we hope you found it helpful.