Social Media Marketing and SEO are two tightly interwoven strategies, adding video to this is a recipe for success. From traditional TV commercials to today’s YouTube, Snapchat, Facebook Live, and IGTV, video has become a staple in our everyday lives. And one of the most successful ways to get your message out there.
With figures as low as 20% for content read on any given landing page, it’s no surprise companies, organisations, and brands are opting for a more engaging, simplified marketing tool to capture their audiences attention. While convenient and efficient for the consumer, video marketing provides marketers with an attractive, versatile, and extremely shareable medium to reach their intended audience.
YouTube is now the second largest search engine on the web and while video marketing is frequently an afterthought, its value demands to be at the top of your content marketing plan.
Video is a versatile and engaging content format that not only gives us a real-life picture of what is going on, it’s also easy to share across multiple platforms. It is easily digestible which means consumers do not have to put a lot of thought into consuming it, it is engaging and entertaining, and marketers like it because it can give a potentially huge ROI through numerous channels.
Over 80% of all traffic will consist of video by 2021. (Cisco)
Search engines love video because they see it as high-quality content, using video in various types of content as well as on your main web pages can work wonders for your SEO – as long as the videos themselves are optimized properly as well. This means incorporating the right keywords, a solid Meta description, and also a strong title (exactly how you would optimize a regular landing page).
The idea that video content is an excellent marketing tool is not new. What is new is the increasing importance consumers and marketers are putting on video content. YouTube is second to only Facebook with the number of monthly active users, meaning opportunities to engage consumers through captivating video content have never been this accessible.
Video Marketing Stats
- 78% of people watch online videos every week, and 55% view online videos every day. (Hubspot)
- One minute of video is worth 1.8 million words. (Forrester Research)
- Users view more than 500 million hours of video each day on YouTube. (Business Insider)
- 59% of executives say they would rather watch video than reading text. (Wordstream)
- Viewers retain 95% of a message when they watch it in a video, compared to 10% when reading it in text. (Wirebuzz)
- Nearly 50% of internet users look for video related to a product or service before visiting a store. (Google)
- Searches related to “how to” on YouTube have grown 70% year on year. (Google)
- 52% of marketers say video is the type of content with the best ROI. (Hubspot)
- Brands that use video marketing grow their year-on-year revenue 49% faster than brands that don’t. (Wirebuzz)
- Before reading any text, 60% of site visitor will watch a video if one is available. (Single Grain)
Sendmode has been in the Bulk Text and SMS Marketing industry for almost 100 years and serves over 30,000 customers worldwide. Bulk SMS is proven to be one of the most effective direct marketing techniques available to all businesses. With open rates of 98%, your messages are guaranteed to be delivered and read by your customers. We can help you build your opt-in customer database with easy to implement techniques and then provide advice on content, timing, and frequency of your bulk SMS opt-in marketing campaigns. If you would like to try SMS for the first time (or maybe switch from your current provider) please click the link below, check out our extremely low prices and then click ‘Try for Free’.
Thanks for taking the time to read this post. If you have any questions you can get us on web chat, email, or by phone.