As business owners we can sometimes feel like we are being pulled in a million different directions all at once. There are a million different things which need our attention each day and sometimes we put areas which we are not naturally comfortable with to one side. We are all experts in what we sell but many business owners find they are not comfortable with how to actually sell it. That is; how to market their products or services. The topic of today’s blog is about marketing for busy people.
One of the problems with being so busy is we never find the time to research the best ways to market our business. So how can we find a marketing channel which will give us a good return and save us valuable time?
If the correct systems are in place, you can create and implement marketing campaigns in 1-2 hours each week.
Here are a few tips we have learned over the years.
- Analysis the return you are getting from your current marketing.
- Take a bit of time to honestly assess if your current marketing is working for you. Are the newspaper ads or flyer actually bringing in enough revenue ? Is social media really working for you?
- Invest in a Customer Relationship Management System. This will help you monitor customers from potential to paying customers and help you to focus on who is more likely to convert.
- Use Permission Based Marketing. Ask your customers for permission to send them offers and promotions. Ask them for their name, email and mobile numbers.
- Use an Email System and schedule 1 email per month. There are excellent email systems out there like constant contact and mailchimp.
- Use an SMS System to contact your customers directly. Lots of SMS systems out there and with SMS being the only ‘app’ on every single mobile in the world, it is a great way to contact your customers. 1 SMS per month is what we advise and keep the message under 160 characters.
Finally, set aside 1-2 hours per week to analyse the results from current campaigns and start the process of creating new ones.
We set these systems up during an action learning set a couple of years back and along with our Google Adwords campaigns, we spend 2 hours per week marketing our company. This has helped us to continue growing while providing management with the time savings to keep on top of any other areas which need attention.
I hope you found this helpful in any way and thank you for taking the time to read our blog.